In this live Wisdom talk, I discuss the pros and cons of living and working abroad. Living abroad can be a great experience for people who are looking to expand their horizons and learn about other cultures. But it is not without its challenges. One of the main challenges that many expats face is adapting to a new way of life. If you are moving overseas for a short period of time, you likely won’t have any trouble adjusting. But if you are living abroad for an extended period, adjusting can be difficult and even stressful.
In this episode, I explored the following topics related to the pros and cons of living and working abroad that I experienced as a three-time expat:
- Language and cultural differences
- Financial rewards and drawbacks
- Cost of living and quality of life dynamics
- Ability to reset or restart your journey
- Learn new ways of being and doing
- Gain new friends and social connections
- Ability to travel to more exotic, closer locations
- Gain a true understanding of life’s realities
- Simplify your life by becoming a become a minimalist
- Growth and development on a personal and professional level
See the world while working and living abroad. Learn how to start your expat journey now!
You can listen to the audio recording on YouTube. Also, be sure to download the Wisdom app to join me for live talks, where you can interact with me in real-time.